Sport & Exercise Psychologist
Jess Brainch is a BPS Chartered Sport & Exercise Psychologist, registered with the Health and Care Professions Council.
Jess was an accomplished horse rider, competing internationally in her home country of Kenya and nationally in the UK. Jess was also involved in athletics (800m and 1500m), hockey and pentathlon. Due to a serious spinal injury at aged 19, Jess was forced to stop pursuing the equestrian pathway and after extensive treatment, decided not to return to competitive sport.
This has opened doors to many other sports on a recreational level and she now spends time running, trekking, surfing, kitesurfing and doing yoga.
Jess has been working in sport for the past four years, supporting individuals through sporting and personal challenges. Her areas of expertise involve working with:
- Young and emerging adult athletes;
- Athletes experiencing major life events;
- Injury rehabilitation;
- Physical activity post illness or injury.
- Performance psychology training;
- Support through Emotional experiences;
- Development of a Growth mindset;
- Work on Action plans;
- General Sport & Exercise Psychology Support;
- An Understanding that “no one size fits all”;
- A Safe environment to discuss professional and personal aspects of life.
With empathy as a core approach to discussion, Jess facilitates groups and individuals through a process of overcoming blind spots and working towards personal and professional goals. Jess believes that through psychological support, we create leverage for perspective and change and can develop skills that help us to maintain goals while keeping our well-being intact.
Whether personal or sporting related support is needed, Jess is available for sessions at Agile. If your needs are beyond her competency level, she has a systematic referral system in place. She also has a website that offers further information – feel free to visit Jess’ website.