Osteopathy can be used to diagnose and treat a wide range of medical conditions. It is based on the principle that the well-being of an individual depends on the skeleton, muscles, ligaments and connective tissues functioning smoothly together. Osteopaths will also explain their diagnosis to patients in plain English and how patients can help manage their symptoms to speed up recovery.
What is Osteopathy?
Osteopaths use hands-on techniques including physical manipulation, stretching and massage to increase the mobility of joints, to relieve muscle tension, to enhance the blood and nerve supply to tissues, and to help the body’s own healing mechanisms. Osteopaths may also provide advice on posture and exercise to aid recovery, promote health and prevent symptoms recurring.
Why choose Ostopathy?
The Advertising Regulator and Advertising Standards Authority currently accept that Osteopaths are able to treat the following conditions, based on the evidence they have seen to date:
• Generalised aches and pains
• Arthritic pain
• Circulatory problems, cramp
• Digestion problems
• Joint and muscle pains
• Muscle spasms
• Inability to relax
• Rheumatic pain
• Minor sports injuries and tensions
• Frozen shoulder/ shoulder and elbow pain/ tennis elbow (lateral epicondylitis) arising from associated musculoskeletal conditions of the back and neck, but not isolated occurrences
• Headache arising from the neck (cervicogenic) / migraine prevention
• General, acute & chronic backache, back pain (not arising from injury or accident)
• Uncomplicated mechanical neck pain (as opposed to neck pain following injury i.e. whiplash)
• Joint pains including hip and knee pain from osteoarthritis as an adjunct to core OA treatments and exercise
What do I need to wear or bring with me?
You are advised to wear comfortable clothing such as shorts and t-shirt that allows our Osteopath appropriate access to the area that needs assessing and treating. However, in some circumstances the Osteopath may request the removal of an item of clothing to assess and treat an area efficiently. Please note that your dignity will be respected at all times during your visit to Agile Therapy.